ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA — Orange Supervisor Katrina Foley released a statement following yesterday’s Orange County Board of Supervisors meeting, highlighting her votes in support of agenda items addressing public safety initiatives, transitional youth shelters, and the latest on the Southern California Veterans Cemetery in Gypsum Canyon.
“It is vital that we meet this moment and provide resources to address our county’s challenges,” said Supervisor Foley. “The outcomes of the Board meeting improve our ability to coordinate care for those experiencing homelessness, establish emergency shelters for our youth, curb Driving Under the Influence, and take the latest step towards making a veterans cemetery in Orange County a reality. Thanks to our partnerships, I am optimistic with our current progress, and I look forward to keeping this momentum going to address our County’s pressing needs.”
In yesterday’s board meeting, Supervisor Foley voted in support of the following passed items:
- Item 15: Approving contracts for the provision of regional care coordination services to help engage and serve individuals experiencing homelessness
- Item 18: Approving contract for the demolition of former Hall of Administration
- Item 29: Approving grant awards to address Driving Under the Influence of Drugs, Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act, and Tobacco Use Prevention
- Item 32: Approving contracts for emergency shelters, including renewal of the contract with Covenant House for a transitional age youth shelter.
- Item S32C: Veterans Cemetery Feasibility Study
Orange County Supervisor Katrina Foley was elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2021 to represent Costa Mesa, Cypress, Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Stanton, the unincorporated area of Rossmoor, and portions of Buena Park and Fountain Valley. Following redistricting, the Board appointed her to additionally serve as caretaker for the future District 2, which includes the communities of Santa Ana and portions of Anaheim, Garden Grove, Orange, Tustin, and unincorporated North Tustin.
Supervisor Foley serves on the Airport Ad Hoc Committee & Fly Friendly working group, the Sober Living Home Ad Hoc Committee, and boards of the Orange County Transportation Authority, CalOptima, Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, Law Library, Newport Bay & South Orange County Watershed Management Area Executive Committees & the Santa Ana River Flood Control Protection.